As a Colorado real estate broker I see a LOT of properties and really get to stay on top of the latest trends in home decor. Lately things seem to change quickly sometimes to fast but even though I do not change with every trend it can be fun to incorporate some new ideas.
So, here are five bathroom decor trends that are appearing in the Colorado homes in 2017.
1. Geometric Patterns: Many homeowners are selecting bold patterns in geometric shapes, like chevrons, triangles, or hexagons. These patterns can add intrigue and continuity to your tile or shower curtain.
2. Plants: Even the best-designed bathrooms can benefit from some small plants. If you have a windowless bathroom, there are some low-light options that can survive with little maintenance.
3. Dark Colors: This can be tricky to achieve, but it comes with a big pay off. While traditional bathrooms are often painted with brighter whites and greys, opting for darker colors can make a bathroom seem more luxurious and relaxing. Imagine sinking into a deep bath with dim lighting—that might convey the appeal of a darker palette.
4. Brass Hardware: Trends often come back around, and this year, brass fixtures of the ‘70s are popular once again, but I do have to say this is not for everyone :)
5. Minimalism: The massive master bathroom is still great, but there’s also some appeal in smaller bathroom designs. Minimalism allows for smaller spaces to feel more intimate, but still airy and open. Opting for only a showing in the master and keeping to only on tub in the shared bathroom. This trend you will see in a lot of Colorado new home builders.